My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."--Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Hi:-)

Amazing, a post that's within days not months of my last one! (Maybe this will even become a pattern...anything is possible on a day when you are honoring Mary)

It has been a fairly quiet Thursday since my papers are done and we did not have classes today. Today was both a Holy Day of Obligation and a reading day before exams commence next week. In other, less technical, terms that means that I got to sleep in but I had to go to mass.

My roommate and I went to mass at the Basilica this morning. It was a really nice service, as always. Although they were presenting their new tour guides and receptionists so it was a bit longer than usual. But considering what we were celebrating and honoring today, it was a very small price to pay.

Afterwards, we came back to the room and had lunch before she headed off to work. I spent the afternoon registering for the Praxis exam (lucky me, I get to take two more tests in order to apply to graduate school!), working on my personal statement, and hanging out.

Later on in the evening, after dinner and stuff, one of our friends came over and we watched television (if you're curious, we watched the OC and Reunion) and hung out. It was really nice to have a free Thursday night (no more GRE Prep!) and to see our friend.

Well, I think that's my day in a nutshell. So good night and sweet dreams to all! Feliz Navidad!Hasta luego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home