My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."--Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Wednesday

Hola!

Yesterday was another full day for me here at school. I had two classes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

My first class was American history. We talked about the roles liberalism and classical republicanism in the Revolutionary War (or, more specifically, the colonists's justification of the war). It is really interesting to learn about the war in a more sophisticated manner as opposed to how you learn about it in elementary school. There was so much going on at that time that was radical and new but that we take completely for granted today.

After class, I came back to my room to relax for a little while and have lunch. I actually managed to finish Peter Oliver's Origin and Progress of the American Rebellion! I will probably start the paper this weekend since today is booked solid and I refuse to start a paper on a Friday.

Once I finished the book, it was time to pay a visit to the library. I needed some books for a couple of my other classes. I found books for one no problem, but when it came to looking for books about St. Isidore of Seville, the library failed me. It irritates me to no end that I was unable to locate a good book in English on a saint at a Catholic school! No wonder our library was ranked so low by the Princeton Review!

My senior seminar started at 4pm. We are spending the year studying Seamus Heaney's poetry. I really like most of his work so far, although I may be a little tired of Irish poetry by the end of the year. But it could be much worse, I could have been stuck spending the year reading Whitman and Dickinson!

I got back to the room around 6pm, when class ended. We had dinner promptly at 7pm when the pizza arrived (hey, I can't cook every night!). After dinner, I settled down to read for my Chaucer class which ended up taking practically the entire evening because I kept letting myself get distracted (either through the television, phone calls, or instant messanger. Oh well, I got it done eventually.

That was pretty much my day yesterday. I need to get going because I have class soon and, therefore, my busiest day of the week is about to begin. Hasta luego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home