My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."--Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, September 26, 2005

My First Entry!

Hi:-)
I decided to start a blog since my younger sister has one (and who wants to be less technologically advanced than one's high school aged sister?...just kidding!) and she seems to be enjoying it. Also, having one of my own means that I can leave her comments (hehe).

I've never done this before and I have to admit that it feels weird to write something that anyone could potentially access. Any diary or journal I've ever kept in the past was always a small, written book to which only I had access.

To begin, I think I will introduce myself briefly (although I do not anticipate having anyone that I do not know reading this. But I have to start somewhere.). I am a senior English major at a university in Washington, DC. I am also minoring in Spanish. Next year, I hope to attend graduate school and earn a Masters in Education so I can teach.

Outside of the classroom, I enjoy reading, shopping, watching movies, hanging out with my friends, plays, and listening to music. I am also involved with Best Buddies, DC Reads, and ATLAS Tutoring on campus. In the past, I have copy-edited for the school newspaper, been a part of the residential college program, tutored with St. Ann's Infant & Maternity Home, and interned in my US Senator's office. Last semester, I studied abroad in Spain and over the summer I spent a month in England studying Shakespeare.

As the title of this blog suggests, one of my most striking features is my long curly hair. I am also petite in keeping with the statures of my other family members.

I need to get going now because I have class soon, so hasta manana!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home