My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."--Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, July 21, 2006

My Roller-Coaster Life

Hi:-)

The last couple of days have been VERY emotionally draining for me. One minute I'm down and wondering how in the world I'm going to make something of myself professionally. The next I'm more confident and almost hopeful that something is going to work out. And the next I'm stressed again about how I'm going to juggle my summer schedule and find time to plan my future at the same time. Ugh, it's worse than being a teenager again!!

Anyway, here's the most recent drama that has dominated my life over the past few days. It started with getting the financial aid from BC. I felt crummy and ready to tell them to shove their offer of admission and pile of loans they call financial aid. But I did some reading in the financial aid handbook and e-mailed a lady about a grant/study program. She just got back to me and said the grant is available. All I have to do is write an essay (asap of course...but I'm an English major so it's not too intimidating a task) and e-mail it to her. It wouldn't completely erase the financial burden but it would definitely alleviate it a lot. I guess there's no guarantee I'll get it either, but she didn't mention the competition.

Then, yesterday, I got an e-mail from one of the people writing me a letter of recommendation for a job. She said I should try to get my application in by today because they are doing interviews next week. Naturally, I get this e-mail at 5pm, I have to wait for Peapod, and I have to babysit both that night and the next day. In other words, getting two more letters together in less than 24 hours and dropping off my application is impossible. So, needless to say, I'm stressed and kind of grumpy because I'm thinking that this means a lost opportunity.

But, today, I got another letter so I'm thinking that I could possibly get this application in by Monday if I can scrounge up another letter. So I have two options, which are as follows: 1) pray the letter from my advisor arrives tomorrow, 2) ask another family friend to write me a letter (I have a letter she wrote for me a couple years ago when I was applying for internships and it would only need to be slightly modified). So I think I'm going to ask her and then drive my application over on Monday and hope for the best. Wish me luck!!!

Yeah, so to make a long story short, my week has been a roller-coaster ride of emotions. Thank goodness for weekends! Hasta Luego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home